Associate Professor, Department of Statistics
343C Hardin Hall-North
Lincoln, NE 68588-0963
Phone: (402) 472-7231
Fax: (402) 472-5179
- Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- M.A. in Mathematics, Wayne State University, 2001
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics, Moscow State University (Russia), 1998
- Bioinformatics Data Analysis Sub-award, University of Nevada-Las Vegas. August 2013-December
- Research Grant: Investigating degree of quality of national data on self- and proxy-reported smoking behaviors; Reliability Analysis of 2002-2003 Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey(R03 Grant# 1R03CA165831-01). Grant Period: 09/20/2012-08/31/2014. NIH: Principal Investigator.
- REACH for Commercialization: A Workshop for Women Faculty and PostDocs in STEM Travel Award. Ohio State University, September 2012.
- Peer Review of Teaching Project Scholarship (Preparing a Course Portfolio). UNL, 2011-2012 academic year.
- 2010 Charles C. Slater Award: Journal of Macromarketing Best Article Award in Volumes 28 and 29. Awarded to Pennington, J.R., Ball, A.D., Hampton, R.D. and Soulakova, N.N. (2009). The Cross-National Market in Human Beings. Journal of Macromarketing 29: 119-134. Percentage of Award: 25%.
- American Statistical Association, International Biometric Society (ENAR)
- Soulakova, J.N. and Bright, B. (Accepted). Applications of Asymptotic Confidence Intervals with Continuity Corrections for Asymmetric Comparisons in Non-inferiority Trials. Pharmaceutical Statistics.
- Soulakova, J.N. and Luo, L. (Accepted for 2013). Large Sample Tests for Simultaneous Comparison to Multiple Controls in Terms of Binomial Proportions. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 23(3): 1-16.
- Soulakova, J.N., Hartman, A.M., Liu, B., Willis, G.B. and Augustine, S. (2012). Reliability of Adult Self-Reported Smoking History: Data from the Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey 2002-2003 Cohort. Tobacco and Nicotine Research 14(8): 952-960.
- S.V.R.K., Prabhakar, Iwata, Y., Shaw, R., Soulakova, J. and Takeyuchi, Y. (2012). Climate Change Implications for Disaster Risk Management in Japan: A Case Study on Perceptions of Risk Management Personnel and Communities in Saijo City. Environmental Hazards11(1): 16-37.
- Soulakova, J.N. and Sampson, A.R. (2012). Expected Loss Functions as Additional Measures to Assess Performance of Multiple Testing Procedures for Combination Drug Dose Finding. Pharmaceutical Statistics 11 (3): 250-257.
- Soulakova, J.N. and Roy, A. (2012). On Power Approximations and Comparison of Several Asymptotic Tests to Detect a Specified Difference between Two Proportions. Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation 41(3): 376-390.
- Soulakova, J.N., Sampson, A.R., Jia, G. and Gleser, L.J. (2011). Simultaneous Confidence Bands for Comparisons to Placebo, with Application to Detecting the Minimum Effective Dose. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 22(1): 93-108. DOI: 10.1080/10543406.2010.504905.
- Soulakova, J.N. (2011). Resampling-Based and Other Multiple Testing Strategies with Application to Combination Drug Trials with Factorial Designs. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 20(5): 505-521.
- Soulakova, J.N. (2011). Comparison of Gatekeeping and Other Testing Methods for Identifying Superior Drug Combinations in Bi-factorial Designs with Isotonic Parameters. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 21(4): 635-649.
- Dmitrienko, A., Soulakova, J.N. and Millen, B. (2011).Three Methods for Constructing Parallel Gatekeeping Procedures in Clinical Trials. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 21(4): 768-786.
- Soulakova, J.N. and Roy, A. (2011). Application of Anbar’s Approach to Hypothesis Testing to Detect the Difference between Two Proportions. Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods 40(10):1866-1878.
- Kalarchian M.A., Levine, M.D., Klem, M.L., Burke, L.E., Soulakova, J.N., Marcus, M.D. (2011). Impact of Addressing Reasons for Weight Loss on Behavioral Weight Control Outcome. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 40(1):18-24.
- Soulakova, J.N. (2010). General Multistage Gatekeeping Procedures for Identifying Beneficial Drug Combinations in Factorial Trials with Isotonic Gains. (Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research 2(1): 33-41.
- Member, Statistics Department Award Committee
- Member, UNL School of Natural Resources Safety and Facilities Committee
- Member, Statistics Department Curriculum Committee
- Member, Statistics Department Seminar Committee
- Member, UNL Survey Research and Methodology Admission Committee
- Member, Statistics Department Advisory Committee
- Lead Organizer and Presenter, Statistics Department New Student Orientation